2017-05-28: Laying floor, fixing rust

Yep, more of the same this weekend. We had hoped to fit the new window on Saturday but we have the wrong knock-on trim, so after much rushing around car parts dealers, and phoning suppliers, we gave up on that task, and switched to some jobs we’re already working good news is, we managed to finish the underfloor insulation and fit the new floor (after much deliberation, with short, self-drilling screws). And Amy has done most of the rust cleanup on the top of the van.

All the foam strips in the floor channels fitted. I had imagined this was going to be a tidier job, but in the end, I just had to put up with the messiness. It will all be covered up…
Laying out the underlay on top of the foam strips
I used small plywood shims at all the edges of the floor panels so they were well supported
I’m checking the underside of the van to see where the screws will emerge as we drill through the metal floor. Don’t want to hit anything else…
I marked out on the underlay where all the channels were. I tranferred these marks to the plywood, so I knew where to drill when fixing down the floor
All the underlay down and taped together
Wooden floor finally installed. We will probably cover this with lino at some point
Filling and painting the rusted dents in the roof

Leave a Reply